Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I am the 27th Frank in my family. I a...

 

 


I am the 27th Frank in my family. I am the 14th Frank born into the Manibusan family, and we are all descendants of the Camudo tribe the Tropical Island of Guam.  There are a total of 25 Franks in my family as of today. Every male in my father’s side of the family is named Frank. We are all named after my great grandpa. His name is Francisco Manibusan. The story about why my name is Frank isn’t very long. On the other hand the list of Franks is very long. The list of Franks will continue to grow, and no one knows how big it will actually get.


 

            The story all began when my grandmother and grandfather had three miss carriages. The doctor told my grand parents that they would never have any children. But much to everyone’s surprise he was wrong. He was wrong not once but eight times. It all started when my grandma gave birth to a baby boy. Because my grandparents, thought they would never have any other children, they decided to call their one and only baby boy, Frank Manibusan. My uncle’s middle name is John, and we actually call him “Frank John”. The following year another miracle happened, and my father was born.  They didn’t want him to feel left out, so they named him Frank Joseph and called him by his middle name Joe. (Joe is my father). A whole ten months later, my uncle was born and they named him Frank Jesse, of course he is Jesse. It was only a little over a year later that Frank Jary was born. And as you’ve already guessed, he is called Jerry. Over the course of nine years, my grandma gave birth to eight children!  Six were boys ALL FRANKS and two were girls. And the girls where named, Carmen and Antonia ( yes, hell of close to my name). When my grandparents were done having children, there was a total of six Franks. However, were many more Franks to come, not necessarily from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment