Sunday, October 11, 2009

I shoulda been out there...

Friday. i was so juiced for my game, all day!! we all tthought it was a sure win but it never can be that easy. when i got to school everyone was getting hyped about the game because it was like we were playing for the play offs. i just had a feeling something wasn't right about the up and coming game. i don't know but i think i was nervous. maybe even scared. i was not the only one who felt this way either. Zac and frank (like my two best friends on the team felt like something wrong was going to happen.just like we expected, something very bad did go wrong. it was my leg.

it first happened near the end of the first quarter. i was running a quarter back keeper to the left side of my line and i broke for like fifteen yards but when i was tackled a kid chopped me in the thigh which gave me like a really deep bruise. it was like a cheep shot but it was not called. the bruise would end up being the biggest problem in the game, for our team. because it was going to pretty much determine the outcome. whether it be a win or a lose.

in this case it was a lose because through out the game i was chopped more and more but i just played threw it because my team needed me on both sides. the last time i was chopped, in the last few minutes of the fourth quarter. it had a devastating outcome. i had to come out because i was not able to even walk, let alone run on my own strength. i was still fighting to get back out there on the field so i could just fight threw the pain but they held me down. they gave me medicine that knocked me out about an hour later and i slept deep into he next day. when my team needed me the most, i wasn't there... no matter what i accomplished that night, i should havebeen out there.

1 comment:

  1. I admire your dedication, truly. But you gotta remember: these things just HAPPEN sometimes, and I hope you don't hold it against yourself too badly.

    ReplyDelete